Sunday, January 29, 2012

barco negro





FADO

BARCO NEGRO

De manhã, temendo, que me achasses feia!
In the morning, fearing that you felt me ugly!

Acordei , tremendo, deitada n´areia
I woke up, trembling, lying on the sand

Mas logo os teus olhos disseram que não,
But immediatly your eyes told me that it wasn´t true

E o sol penetrou no meu coração
And the sun fell deeply into my little heart ,too bis



Vi depois, numa rocha, uma cruz,
Afterwards I saw a cross on a rock,

E o teu barco negro dançava na luz
And your black ship was dancing in the light

Vi o teu braço, acenando, entre as velas já soltas
I saw your waving arm, between the detached sails

Dizem as velhas da praia, que não voltas
And the old women on the beach tell me you wouldn´t come back


São loucas!
They´re mad!   Bis


Eu sei, meu amor
I Know,my dear love
que nem chegaste a partir
that you even didn´t try to leave,
pois tudo em meu redor,
because everything around me,
me diz que estás sempre comigo
tells me that you’re always with me Bis



No vento que lança areia nos vidros,
With the wind that throws sand against the windows;na água que canta, no fogo mortiço;
in the singing water, in the dying fire;

no calor do leito,nos bancos vazios;
in the heat of the bed, in the empty benches;
dentro do meu peito,estás sempre comigo.
inside my breast, you stay always with me.


(We tried to translate to English this fado....)

Watch Amália singing "Barco Negro" in a scene of an old French film "Les amants Du Tage" and where there is also a translation but to French.This movie was filmed in Portugal.



and here you can listen to MARISA that belongs to  a new generation of  "fadistas", singing this fado in Japan -2009.



modern version of Barco Negro by Rosa Negra
RosaNegra is a project within the "Novo Fado" ('New Fado') movement. An intensely adventurous "Fadista" celebrating passionate Fado cradled in a web of musical arrangements full of Iberian/Mediterranean inspirations: with percussion, strings, trumpet, piano and accordion always pointing to the Orient.




No comments:

Post a Comment